Thursday, April 24, 2014

Recorded in color captured in B&W






The art of Photography is to capture a moment that will be forever lived. A moment that can bring us to that same place in time even if we've never been there.

The two images above in my creative thinking could not be swapped. The B&W only works in the first image, the colored image tells a completely different story.

In a colored photo you see everything, it's a record. Black and white on the other hand can cut right to the heart and is full of emotion.

I really enjoy both color and B&W, these days B&W is mostly personal projects.  Color really captures everything my clients need, (always subject to change).

B&W images can really hit home. Say for an engagement shoot, it's smart to shoot color. The bride will want images to record the outfit and surroundings. B&W cuts through all that special crap just focusing on the love.

B&W may be old school, but today they are far from. You can bring modern Photography to this classy film style. It's all in the execution. Really, it gives you a different side to the story being told.

I shoot EOS Canons, I also shoot 35mm Minolta, Fujica, Konicas, and a Samsung galaxy s3. I can get into gear on a later post. I really just shoot with what I have with me at the time.

I'll leave you with a super cheese ball Photography joke...
A man is drowning in a river. You only have time to save him, or make a photo.
Which f-stop do you choose?


Shootz,
Bill


No comments:

Post a Comment