Saturday, April 19, 2014

While in Polynesia, Hawaii 50


Aloha friends,

I got the opportunity to walk around the Polynesia Cultural Center this morning. A chance to explore a slice of Polynesia.

Walking around the Island villages before the center opened was out of this world. It was so early I only saw a handful of employees!

Having an all access pass I had one hour with nothing off limits. These are a few images I took along my morning travels.

 If you haven't been to the PCC, I highly recommend you check it out. They do a great job of bringing to life seven of Polynesians cultures. These great oceanic colonizers traveled in double canoes in open ocean. (Remarkable even by today's standards) These people traveled around 1000 years ago using only navigational skills to find new homes.

The life style of Hawaii is why I live here. It's the only place I've been that a T-shirt and shorts is an everyday necessity. This place will always hold a part of me.


Shootz,
Bill








No comments:

Post a Comment